Fall is just around the corner when the leaves start changing colors and the days get shorter. And if you’re like many homeowners, your deck is one of your favorite places to relax and enjoy the fall season. But before you can enjoy your deck this fall, it’s important to keep it clean and maintain it regularly to withstand the cool weather.
This blog post will cover the importance of preparing your deck for the fall weather, the best tips, and why you should hire deck services for better results. Stay tuned!
Why Is It Important To Prepare Your Deck For Fall?
Whether you hire deck services or do the project yourself, preparing your deck is key to making it last. One main reason is that cool temperatures can cause the deck’s wood to contract and become more brittle, making it susceptible to cracks, splinters, and other damages. Another reason is that the wet leaves can cause mold and mildew to grow, discolor, and damage the wood.
5 Best Tips To Get Your Deck Prepared For The Fall Season
- Inspect your deck: Look for any damage that the wind, water, or animals could have caused. One of the most common deck problems comes with termites. If you’re unsure how to do so, hiring deck services to inspect it can be the best solution.
- Look for possible leaks to avoid moisture: If your deck is close to an = faucet or gutters, there’s a possibility that leaks can damage and crack your deck when the water freezes during the winter.
- Trim trees if necessary: To keep your deck looking attractive and like new, prune any long branches or bushes that may allow mold or moss to grow. You’ll extend the life of your deck this way.
- Consider installing an awning: This will allow you to use the deck comfortably during the fall season. This will also protect it from the hard weather elements.
- Clean Up the Leaves: Leaves rot after an extended period, leading to mold growth and affecting the deck’s strength. By cleaning up all leaves, you can extend your deck’s life.
Hire Professional Deck Services For Better Results!
If you’re looking for a professional deck builder in Medford, OR, look no further than Better Built Construction. We’re a reliable and complete construction company with many years of experience and expertise in the industry. Also, when working with us, our specialists are with you in every step of the process, from planning to designing your project.
We’re certified and licensed, so you can rest assured your deck will be in the best hands. Whether you need to install a new deck or just give it maintenance, we’re the best deck builders in Medford, OR.Don’t hesitate to contact us!