There’s nothing like spending a warm summer day outdoors on your wooden deck. It’s a beautiful addition to any home that provides outdoor living space and a great place to relax.
But to keep that space perfect, you must perform regular maintenance tasks. A properly maintained deck can last for many years, but it takes work to keep it looking its best. Here are some tips to help you keep your deck looking great all season long!
5 Easy Hacks To Keep Your Wood Deck Looking Good As New
Whether you’re grilling burgers, hosting a pool party, or just soaking up some sun, your wood deck is the perfect place to do it. But over time, wood decks can start to show their age.
If you’re thinking about remodeling services to give your wood deck a fresh look, here are 6 easy hacks that will keep it looking its best:
- Use a sealer: Sealers help to repel water, dirt, and other debris, making it easier to keep your deck clean. In addition, sealers can help extend your wood deck’s life by preventing it from drying out and splintering. Be sure to reapply the sealer every few years or as needed.
- Prevent scratches and scuffs: Furniture pads are designed to distribute weight evenly and can help prevent scratches and other damage. In addition, furniture pads can help to keep furniture from sliding around, which can also cause damage to the wood.
- Clean regularly: Sweep the deck regularly to remove any dirt, dust, or debris that can accumulate on the surface. You should also hose down the deck periodically to remove any build-up of pollen or other allergens. A mild soap and water solution should do the trick.
- Stain or paint as needed: Depending on the wood type and exposure to the elements, you may need to stain or paint your wood deck as needed to protect it from weathering.
- Fix any damage: It’s important to inspect your wood deck for any damage. If you notice any cracks, splinters, or holes in your wood deck, repair them immediately. Left unaddressed, they can quickly turn into bigger problems.
Get A Good-Looking and Strong Wood Deck
A wood deck is a significant investment, so taking care of it is important. Don’t wait until it starts to show its age and becomes dull and faded, or the structure becomes weak and unstable. With Better Built Construction remodeling services, your wood deck can be restored to its original beauty.
We’ll assess your deck´s condition and make any necessary repairs. We can clean and stain the wood, replace worn and damaged boards, strengthen the structure, and add new features. With our help, your wood deck will look its best in no time!